Time: 40 min, Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white flour
- 3 halves chicken breast (you can also use chicken thighs), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150 ml white wine + 100 ml water
- 250 g sliced mushrooms
- 150 g tomato paste (I used President’s Choice tomato paste with mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 4 Tbsp. freshly chopped dill
- Salt, pepper
Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Meanwhile, season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and flour to the pan and stir quickly. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add 100 ml water and the wine so that the chicken is covered with liquid and let everything boil for 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
Then, add the sliced mushrooms.
Stir in the tomato paste and let everything simmer for 5 more minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with a few tablespoons of juices from the pan. Pour the mixture in the pan and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes. Lastly, add chopped dill and toss to combine. If necessary, add more salt and pepper.
We served the chicken stew over mashed potatoes.