Time: 70 min, Prep: 30 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 12 homemade lasagna sheets (bought them from St. Lawrence Market) or you can use the dry lasagna noodles which can be found at any supermarket
- 1 kg button mushrooms
- 8 green onions
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, ~800 ml (I had diced tomatoes but I crushed them using a food processor)
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 100 ml water
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 400 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 200 g grated parmesan cheese
- 400 g sour cream
- 1 tomato
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add diced mushrooms, green onions and chicken breast. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble, arrange lasagna sheets in a 23 x 33 x 5 cm (9 x 13 x 2-inch) baking dish side by side without overlapping them. Spread 1/3 of chicken and mushrooms mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 of the parmesan cheese.
Repeat layers and top with sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil but make sure it does not touch the cheese (to prevent sticking).
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place in the oven and let it bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until top of mozarella cheese is golden.
Garnish with slices of tomato and fresh parsley.